Monday, January 11, 2010

The Love is in You

Where’s the love?
Where’s the love in calling me names,
Where’s the love in playing so many games?
Where’s the love in working for money,
Where’s the love in always being so lonely?
Where’s the love in the big ole bureaucracy,
Where’s the love from brothers that look like me?
Where’s the love when I go to school,
Where’s the love when I go to buy food?
If God is love and He’s always around me,
How come it’s so hard for love to find me?
Maybe it’s me, maybe it’s the way I live,
Maybe I’m stingy and always too slow to give.
Maybe it’s what I believe, the God I praise,
Maybe it’s my color, am I too dark of a shade?
But after all the maybes and all the questions,
I have to come to find that I’ve learned a few lessons.
And the greatest one that I’ve learned so far,
Is that when I look for love I shouldn’t look so far.
I don’t need to look to the heavens above,
I don’t need to look down deep, below the mud.
I just need to look inside myself,
And there I will find enough love for me and everyone else.

As we go through our days looking for love and wondering how we can love better and stronger, we must always remember that we cannot love anyone or anything until we honestly love ourselves. When we truly and unconditionally love ourselves we are able to give pure, passionate, and empowering love to others. We will surely find plenty of love in ourselves and ultimately be amazed at all the love that we receive from others as we share our love with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment