Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Blame is soooo overrated

Blame
I finally figured it out, I finally got it,
All my problems and issues have been solved, no doubt about it.
I know what to do, and I now know the reason,
I finally found someone to blame for this season.
This season of pain, this season of anguish,
These days of despair and the dark nights I languish,
With so much angst and so much anxiety,
But now that I can blame someone, none of it is a problem for me.
Blaming somebody makes it all feel better,
I can go outside and play now, no matter the weather,
No matter the outlook or the things I may face,
By blaming someone else I get to keep my happy face.
But the more I think and the more I wonder,
I’ve found that blaming others isn’t that much of a wonder.
It’s not my golden ticket, not my ultimate solution,
As a matter of fact it just adds to my brain pollution.
Because after the blame has been placed and someone has owned it,
I still have to face the issues that all of this started with,
So I guess what I thought was my answer really wasn’t that great,
And after I found someone to blame I was still stuck in a place,
That I didn’t want to be, a place just not for me,
So instead of blaming anybody, I’ll just let the blame be.

Blame is so overrated. So many times when we face an issue or a problem we put tons of energy into figuring out who or what is to blame instead of focusing on what we can do to change our circumstances.
Whenever someone starts telling me about an issue their having and they want to find who to blame, I always respond with questions: Then what? Now that you’ve found out who’s fault the issue is, what are you going to do about the issue? What can you do about it?
These questions are crucial to answer because they lead to actual solutions. Blame just leads to more questions or a dead end. If we focus more on finding solutions and less on who to blame, I’m sure we will have much better outcomes to the dilemmas we face. This is not to say that blame is irrelevant, even though a lot of times it may be, it’s just to show that after we’ve found someone or something to blame, we still find ourselves with lots of work to do to fix our problem. So instead of working on figuring out who we should blame, let’s just work on being better and making sure we don’t make the same mistake over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment