Friday, February 15, 2013

What's Love Got to Do With It



It’s deeper than you think

Action for real has got to start ASAP,
So many of my people hurting, they why rap,
The hurt isn’t always found in they pockets,
Most of the time it’s in their heart, and they can’t stop it.
It comes from not knowing who they truly are,
It stems from the fact that they look up to stars,
But not the ones in the sky up high, 
It’s the ones on t.v. fooling folks with their lies,
Got proud people feeling even less than they worth,
As they internalize it all, it turns into hurt
So now I’m alienated and feel I don’t belong,
Now I don’t give a fuck when it comes to right and wrong,
Don’t care if she got a man, I just see that thong,
Not thinking about no seed, I’m just trying to bust, then I’m gone,
Damn, now I done gone and repeated the cycle,
I need to look at the man in the mirror,
And change him up like Michael.

Now I’m working for nothing, at least that’s how it feels,
I’m stressed out all the time, plus my ole girl ain’t for real,
I mean she ain’t fake, just overcome by her fate,
She my baby mama to be, not just this chick I date,
We gonna be a family, and live happily ever after,
It’s gonna be all good, no worries, no pains,
That’s what she be telling me; now I know she insane!
I barely know this chick, just topped her off with my tip,
She popped up pregnant, and we keeping the kid,
So I’ll take care of it, and treat her like shit,
And hope our seed grow up to live better than this,
But what would’ve happened if I had held my nutt,
What would our future hold if I ain’t fall for her butt,
I don’t know, I can’t tell you what’s coming,
But I can promise you that fucking is about way more than just cumming.

As we take time to celebrate “love” this week always remember that everything we do is interdependent; so the outcomes of our relationships are dependent on the input of our lives.

We must be fulfilled alone to be complete together; completion can only be maintained as long as we remain a unit. Unity can only be sustained with unconditional love; it’s hard to be truly open and accepting to someone else if we aren’t okay with ourselves (better yet, in love with ourselves). All of this is very important for many reasons, but one of the most important is that the product or fruit of our union will be impacted immediately by the circumstances under which it is created.

As I said in the beginning, all that we do is interdependent; just a good thing to keep in mind as we go through life looking for love. We will eventually find that we didn’t have to look very far for love, and once it is found we must move forward maintaining it as lovingly as possible because the fruit we bear will ripen or rot to death based on how it is nurtured. We can’t take care of anyone else if we can’t take care of ourselves.

I love you,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment