Friday, February 22, 2013

The Time is Now



My moment.

This moment in time is all I have,
This day of my life is the most important to grab,
This morning I rise prepared to do what it takes,
Today is my chance so the most I will make,
Out of each and every moment, including this very,
So this must be deep, I make sure that it’s heavy,
But never too much to bare, we’re already prepared,
And because it’s all we have I better not dare,
Sit idle and wait for the time to be right,
I can’t hope and pray that one day I’ll see the light,
I must live in the moment, and maximize the second,
I don’t know which tomorrow will end with me naked,
Lying in a wood box six feet down below,
Where the sound can’t be heard, and the days are so slow,
At least that’s what I think, what really happens, who knows,
But the one thing that’s certain, is that moment will come,
So I must live my dream now and not sweat what’s to come,
And what’s really to fear, one thing is already clear,
I know what not living my dream is like,
I spend every day here,
So I’m off to live now, I’m off to get to my moment,
And when I end my journey, in that last, quiet second,
Even then, I will own it.

They say today is the first day of the rest of your life; I’ve had to learn how true that is no matter how obvious it may seem. In that spirit it is so crucial that we maximize each day on our paths to our destinations; we never know when this journey will end so there is little time for fretting and never any time for regret.

We all have dreams and ambitions that we carry from day to day unfulfilled. These ideas and passions are bubbling with possibilities as they fill us with anxiety and fear. But our anxiety and fear are many times misunderstood; I think we misinterpret these feelings as reasons or signals to not pursue our goals. In my experience I have found that those feelings are more about our potential to achieve what we truly want if we are willing to step out and step up in our thoughts and actions. Deep down we know that we can get to where we want be, we’re just hesitant to go.

Well today is the day to get on your way; you know what I’m talking about and what needs to be done. And as you get on your way you will start to see that your expectations will begin to change as you begin to move towards your dreams. We only have so many moments in this experience; it’s only fair to ourselves that we make the most of them.

I love you,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment